Use FeedSync pre-process listing data ready for import into your Real Estate website, property portal or custom application
FeedSync lets you quickly import listings from a variety of formats like REAXML, Jupix, Expert Agent, BLM into your custom application or WordPress website project and display your clients real estate property listings quickly and easily.
This is the only Listing Pre-Processor that you can install yourself and it will automatically add Geocode coordinates (Latitude/Long ) to your property, elements during processing.
Supported Listing Formats
- REAXML (Australia/New Zealand)
- Rockend REST Native (Australia/New Zealand)
- EAC API (Australia)
- Jupix (UK)
- Expert Agent (UK)
- Rightmove BLM (UK)
- XML2U Format (International beta version)
Requires PHP 5.6+
How to install FeedSync on your website server
Included with FeedSync are the WP All Import Scripts.
What you get with FeedSync REAXML pre-processor:
- Quick to install
- Low server usage
- Work with all REAXML elements
- Automatic Geocoding during import
- Merge XML files into specific use import output files
- Save merged properties into: Current, Sold/Leased, Withdrawn/Offmarket
- All contents of the REAXML elements copied
- Simple GUI to review FeedSync status
- Easy to update the software
- Software support
- Set and forget
Here’s what you get when you buy FeedSync:
- Automatic Geocoding during processing which means your maps will load faster for your visitors.
- Easy to follow quick start guide and videos which means you will be setup and testing your first install in a few minutes.
- All entries in the REAXML file are copied over which means you don’t have to worry if the provider adds another entry in the future.
- You get a dynamic output of listings in your database for easy importing.
- The algorithm is specifically designed to check and process the results which means you can omit the withdrawn listings and reduce your website load, this is especially important with websites featuring business for sale.
Supported REAXML Elements
Guides on FeedSync
- Full FeedSync installation instructions can be found here.
- How to update FeedSync from a previous version.
- How to setup a REAXML property provider
WP All Import Users: Included with FeedSync are scripts that you can download and import into WP All Import saving you time to setup a WordPress website.
Guides on How to Process and Import Real Estate REAXML files into WordPress
- How to use FeedSync REAXML Pre Processor
- How to set up your REAXML listing provider
- How to Import REAXML files into Your WordPress Real Estate Website
- How to use the free Easy Property Listings plugin for WordPress
10 questions about FeedSync:
- How does it work?
- How can I check if there is a problem?
- Does the software send email notifications?
- Do you provide software support?
- What if there are different named files in the input folder?
- Does this work with all feed providers?
- Can we disable the Geocode option?
- Is there a limit on file size?
- How do I import the files once they are processed?
- Does it handle all types of elements?
- If I have a problem where do I go for help?
- Do I need any special server settings to make this work?
- Do you have any other pricing options?
So here is how I would clear those up for you:
Q. How does it work?
A. FeedSync will review the unique property ID and search for this ID inside the database. If one exists that entry is overwritten. If that ID status has changed from “current” to “sold”, or “leased” the database is updated.
We have recently added Geocoding that can be enabled that will automatically save the property coordinates based on the <address element input information and save them to the import files. This will allows faster website performance as the lat/long coordinates are already been determined.
Q. How can I check if there is a problem?
A. All you need to do is visit the folder where you installed FeedSync and it will list the files waiting to be imported. If there are files waiting, you can press the Process Feed button and watch the process take place. If there is an issue when the process is finished the import files will still appear on the FeedSync page. This is usually due to a server setting preventing file writes .
Q. Does the software send an email notifications?
A. The software does not send email notifications because you can quickly become spammed by the cron software sending you email especially if you set a quick schedule. All you need to do is visit the url to check the current file status. We’ve been running this script for over three years on several sites and it just works.
Q. Do you provide software support?
A. If you encounter any problem whatsoever using our software hop over to our support forums and we will help you out.
* The FeedSync app processes files with any name that are in your source XML folder from your feed provider.
Q. What if there are different named files in the input folder?
A. All files are processed and moved from the input folder to the output folder, so you can accept feeds from different feed providers.
Q. Does this work with all feed providers?
A. Yes it works with any provider that supplies REAXML in XML or ZIP format. BLM Files, Jupix Export URL, Expert Agent FTP download login.
Q. Can we disable the Geocode option?
A. Yes, inside the settings file you can quickly turn off Geocoding in the settings file, this is great for testing as Gecoding takes longer as the Google API is providing the latitude and longitude results for each address. In fact when turned off, the software processes very large property directories in under a minute.
Q. Is there a limit on file size?
A. Not that we are aware of, currently it has helped process several thousand records for a property portal.
Q. How do I import the files once they are processed?
A. This script is a stand alone pre processor that saved the listings into a database on your server. FeedSync dynamically generates an up-to-date XML file containing all your listings. We have used our script with the popular WordPress WP-Property plug-in XML add on and the fantastic WP ALL Import and they need to have a single file to import from and that is why this software was developed, to turn hundreds of tiny XML files into single xml output. You can then import the processed xml files using your import software like WP All Import.
Q. Does it handle all types of elements?
A. All REAXML elements will work with this script so it will handle any elements.
Q. If I have a problem where do I go for help?
A. Hop over to our support desk at anytime by the FeedSync support forum to open a ticket but first read our documentation to find a potential solution that will work for you.
Q. Do I need any special server settings to make this work?
A. No, now that FeedSync uses a database to store listing in, this has significantly improved server compatibility. If you can install WordPress on your server, FeedSync will work for your real estate website.
Do you have any other pricing options?
A. Our current pricing is based on a per site license so we can provide you support if you encounter any problems using our application on your licensed website.
I want you to be completely without risk, so here’s my guarantee.
Once you have installed FeedSync REAXML pre-processor on your server and you have any issue in the first 30 days, you can hop over to our support forums 24/7 and post your question or problem.
If you do have an issue with FeedSync please provide us your install location, your FTP user name and password so we can help fix the problem for you.
Here’s a list of people already using FeedSync and how its working for them…
Its working great for me. Darren
Thanks for developing such a great software. Z Deng
Everything’s coming together now with the REAXML import. Ben H
Awesome! FeedSync looks slick and easy to use. Great work Merv. Melanie
It works really well. Just ran a heap of files through and imported them easily. Anthony
FeedSync is subject to yearly license for support and updates. View license terms.
Will work with the Following Real Estate Formats
REAXML Portal providers
- Agentpoint (Zoo Property)
- Aro Software
- Boss Solutions
- Century 21
- Complete Data
- Core Web Systems
- EAC (Red Square)
- Graphique (GPS)
- Inspect Real Estate
- iWon Data
- LJ Hooker
- Mantis Property
- Ondicom Technology (Agentware)
- Other – Manual Upload
- Palace (New Zealand)
- RealEstateIT (AgentBase)
- Rex Software
- Subtle Difference
- Vault Real Estate
- Virtual Creations
- Expert Agent
- Rightmove BLM Providers
Version 3.3, December 3, 2018
- New: Database conversion to ensure better formatting of characters like bullets. Database upgrade is run on first file processing.
- New: Removed MLS functionality due to legality of providing MLS connection system.
- New: All Formats - Implemented a minutes_back command to the output URL.
- Tweak: EAC Format - Altered Test and Live API locations.
- Tweak: EAC Format - Improved importing system and optimised data fetching.
- Tweak: BLM Format - Implemented systems to handle missing listings and mark as withdrawn or offmarket.
- Tweak: Expert Agent Format - Implemented systems to handle missing listings and mark as withdrawn or offmarket.
- Tweak: Improved date formatting for importing dates that are formatted with a T separator 2018-11-19T00:00:00
- Fix: Corrected the first date sorting column when reviewing listings.
- Fix: Improvements to displaying images with upper and lower case file extension formatting.
- Fix: Replaced glob with get_files_list for better compatibility with servers such as Alpine Linux.
- Fix: For depreciated Autoloader in PHP 7.2.
- Fix: Undefined variables for updater.
Version 3.2.2, March 23, 2018
- New: All Formats - Adjustment to the updater class and send an email notice if configured.
- Tweak: EAC Format - Updated EAC API to detect http or https.
- Tweak: EAC Format - Added support for RET (Retirement) property type.
- Tweak: All Formats - Correct file processing permissions to 644.
- Tweak: All Formats - Update agent details if changed and log results.
- Tweak: All Formats - Added a notice for PHP 5.6 requirement.
- Fix: BLM Format - Correctly process BLM files in Zip Format.
- Fix: Corrected an issue when FeedSync is installed on a server with LightSpeed database.
Version 3.2.1, October 23, 2017
- Tweak: Order files be date before processing, especially handy when testing lots of import files.
- Tweak: Adjusted error handler for sending email notification allowing error to be correctly logged to error.log file.
- Fix: Correction in detecting latest image modified time and mapping to node.
- Fix: Corrected Rockend REAXML processing error due to image re-writing.
- Fix: MLS Format - Corrected a issue with processing imports due to logging.
Version 3.2, October 17, 2017
- New: Ability to hide the settings page by defining FEEDSYNC_SETTINGS_DISABLED to true in the config.php file.
- New: Ability to hide the help pages by defining FEEDSYNC_HELP_DISABLED to true in the config.php file.
- New: Ability to delete agents now when FEEDSYNC_RESET is enabled.
- New: EAC Format - Support for the PHOTO_DATE node to track image modified time mapped to feedsyncImageModtime node.
- New: All Formats - Normalise Sold date format during processing.
- New: REAXML Format - Support for the unit and lot numbers when viewing your listings.
- New: REAXML Format - Better support for multi office processing of agentID when listings have the same uniqueID.
- New: Logging system to track listing processing steps along with processing type.
- New: Logging tab to display processing results and download detailed log reports. Files saved to logs directory.
- New: Automatically set file permissions during processing.
- New: Logging Error handling system implemented allowing notification by email of FeedSync processing errors.
- New: Upgrade enhanced to automatically update existing database during update process.
- New: Jupix Format - Setting to set the status of undetermined listings.
- New: Jupix Format - Better support for Jupix format status.
- New: Expert Agent Format - Better support for Expert Agent listing types.
- New: Filter and search listings.
- New: During update FeedSync will upgrade your database to the new version.
- New: Base64 Image converter implemented to convert base64encoded images to image files and add to the listing.
- New: Ability to filter listings by listing agent username. Append &listing_agent=first-last to filter listings.
- Tweak: Better support for Microsoft Azure folders.
- Tweak: All Formats - When using ?date=today listings will output based on your specified timezone in settings.
- Tweak: Logger for debugging made available globally for internal usage.
- Tweak: All Formats: Renamed the feedsync_image_modtime node to feedsyncImageModtime for consistency.
- Tweak: REAXML Format: During processing the latest image modified time is now used and mapped to feedsyncImageModtime.
- Tweak: Display a notice if your username or password is incorrect on the login page.
- Tweak: Jupix Format - Alter status to FeedSync format during processing.
- Tweak: Enhancements made to the Help page depending on the selected format.
Version 3.1.2, August 7, 2017
- Fix: Featured Listing Star icon corrected now using html character code.
- Fix: Implemented adjustments for Microsoft Azure Server compatibility.
- Tweak: Expert Agent Format - Corrected handling of incremental updates allowing storing of historical listings.
Version 3.1.1, July 6, 2017
- Fix: Jupix Format - Updated xml was not getting saved correctly preventing listing updates.
Version 3.1, July 4, 2017
- New: Notices system to notify users of settings input and display error messages when needed.
- New: Adjusted the displayed notices when resetting the FeedSync database.
- New: REAXML Format - Re-order the images when the primary image is not the first image.
- New: All Formats - Created a new image modified date/time feedsync node applied to all imported listings.
- New: All Formats - During update FeedSync will process all existing listings to set the image modified date/time.
- New: All Formats - Created a custom node so that Featured Listings can be controlled from FeedSync. Click the star to feature a listing.
- New: All Formats - Added the Office/Agent ID column for easier management of multi office setups.
- New: All Formats - Added sorting options to listings list.
- New: All Formats - Display a colour map icon when coordinates are set, hover over the icon to see the results.
- New: MLS Format - Added a listing count depending on the selected settings.
- Tweak: REAXML Format - With geocode disabled and your listing provider adds the lat/long coordinates, they are copied correctly.
- Tweak: Expert Agent Format - Adjust the department to different listing types.
- Tweak: Expert Agent Format - Implemented the FTP connection in the cron command.
- Tweak: Expert Agent Format - Implemented a 30 min cookie for fetching from Expert Agent source.
- Tweak: REAXML Format - Adjusted geocoding country processing.
- Tweak: REAXML Format - Adjusted existing geocoding data when present during processing.
- Tweak: MLS Format - Adjusted Residential Rental to rental listing type.
- Tweak: MLS Format - Removed the need for the agent ID when fetching listings.
- Tweak: MLS Format - agent id not required allowing import of all MLS listings.
- Tweak: BLM Format - Removing blank lines to file.
- Tweak: All Formats - Added a notice if PHP zip is not enabled.
- Fix: Added additional checks to non logged in users preventing access to listings.
- Fix: BLM Format - Address Lat/Long Coordinate Processing.
- Fix: BLM Format - Images correctly moved to output/images folder during processing.
- Fix: BLM Format - Assigning modified and first date to data during initial processing.
Version 3.0.2, May 24, 2017
- Tweak: Implemented a check for the upgrades folder and will create if absent.
- Tweak: Added additional PHP modules checks to the System Status Page.
- Tweak: During upgrade will check for the hidden __MACOSX folder and remove.
- Tweak: EAC API added additional house category processing for Holiday Rental type.
- Tweak: Removed encoding from export to prevent html characters from being altered.
- Tweak: Exclude invalid and deleted status from export.
Version 3.0.1, May 20, 2017
- Tweak: Deleting listings on sub categories and pages corrected with FEEDSYNC_RESET is enabled.
- Tweak: Pagination setting for Imported listings table now uses pagination setting.
- Tweak: Altered the \'true\' settings to true without quotes in the config-sample.php file.
- Tweak: Corrected encoding of andbull; during processing to •
- Tweak: Adjustments to wording of status messages.
- Tweak: Shortened listing table label Unique Id to ID.
- Tweak: Adjustment to Jupix format processing status.
- Fix: Implemented a check for the PHPH iconv function to prevent error during install, most servers should have this PHP function enabled.
- Fix: Adjusted so that the cron trigger will process more than one file at a time.
Version 3.0, May 17, 2017
- New: Login system which allows you to limit access to FeedSync by configuring a username and password from the config.php file. Default login is admin/password.
- New: Ability to add a secret access key to your FeedSync output URL. When enabled ensure your import URLs have the new access_key in the URL.
- New: EAC (Australia) format added, enabling import from EAC (Estate Agents Co-Operative) API into FeedSync ready for import.
- New: Rockend REST (Australia) native format added, enabling import from Rockent REST files into FeedSync ready for import.
- New: Jupix (UK) Format added, enabling import from Jupix URL into FeedSync ready for import.
- New: BLM (UK) Format added, enabling import from BLM format files into FeedSync ready for import.
- New: Expert Agent (UK) format added, enabling import from Expert Agent URL into FeedSync ready for import.
- New: Several MLS vendors processing systems added allowing us to update FeedSync with support for other MLS vendors on request.
- New: Resetting and deleting of listing entries now possible when FEEDSYNC_RESET is true. To enable edit the config.php file.
- New: FeedSync settings are now stored in option database allowing settings to change from Settings page.
- New: PHP Gump added for field validations instead of requiring additional PHP modules.
- New: ZIP class added for processing zip files without requiring additional PHP modules.
- New: Upgrade processes added allowing copying of previous versions of FeedSync into the settings database during install.
- New: Update system added allowing FeedSync to be updated from the Easy Property Listings servers with a valid license key.
- New: Debugging and error system implemented allowing for diagnosis of issues and logging to file.
- New: Dual cron processing system implemented to handle EAC API and future API systems.
- New: Better coded the agent processing system for extracting agent details.
- New: Enabled Google Geocode API key setting as Google requires an API key for all mapping APIs.
- New: Updater system will notify you when logged in if an update is available.
- New: Status page to confirm server compatibility with FeedSync displaying directory permissions and PHP modules required.
- New: Cron commands when run in browser now output results of process.
- New: Automatically set write permissions on input, processed and output folders and log files.
- Tweak: Improvements to REAXML processing to handle new FeedSync features.
- Tweak: Import files will support any case provided, XML, xml, ZIP, zip.
- Tweak: Updated EZ_SQL code for PHP 7.1 support.
- Fix: Timezone issue with days_back option in output url.
Version 2.2.2, May 8, 2017
- Tweak: Geocoding set to on as default.
- Tweak: Allows ZIP files in capital.
- Fix: Class compatibility fix with Easy MySQL library and PHP 7.
- Fix: Agent processing telephone numbers.
Version 2.2.1, January 16, 2017
- Tweak: Prevent output of listings with the status of deleted as supplied by some providers.
Version 2.2, April 22, 2016
- New: Filter listings using days_back allows you to output listings restricted by the number of days.
- New: Automatic skipping of empty xml files.
- New: Correctly process XML files with incorrect encoding.
- New: Added a FORCE_GEOCODE Constant to the config file which will enable re-processing of all coordinates if they are incorrect.
- New: Processing Missing Coordinates button will highlight orange when FORCE_GEOCODE is enabled.
- New: Automatic Skipping of incorrect Rockend REST format. Use RealEstate.com.au formate when configuring Rockend REST Exports.
- New: Improvements to licensing system to better display new available version and change log.
- Tweak: Improvements to date filter and timezone.
- Tweak: Correct coordinate generation of street address corrected for some REAXML formats.
- Tweak: Improved geocode request of full address.
- Tweak: Added additional help and adjusted links to documentation.
- Tweak: Updated help page link to correct http://codex.easypropertylistings.com.au/ pages.
- Tweak: Improved help page documentation.
- Fix: Undefined variable when no files are located in the processed folder.
Version 2.1, September 10, 2015
- New: Config file has a place to save your providers FTP account details.
- New: Added listing agents processing and export capability which will also extract the listing agent office id, extract first name, last name.
- New: Added listing export filters to enable you to export by office id, street name, suburb, postcode, country.
- New: Output listings by current date.
- New: Timezone for directory imported list.
- New: Process listing agents for upgraders.
- New: Tab to display unique listing agents present in FeedSync database.
- New: Database upgrade button to allow exporting with the new address and office features.
- New: Blank entries are no longer output.
- Tweak: Sold and leased listings are red and current are green.
- Tweak: Improved Geocoder fallback for lat long coordinates.
Version 2.0.3, June 18, 2015
- Tweak: Correctly process Console and Rockend REST leased, withdrawn and offmarket listings as they only send limited info which removes the listing contents. We now just change the status of these listings retaining the listing information.
- Tweak: Removed ZIP_FORMAT setting. FeedSync now processes zip and non zip formats automatically.
- Tweak: Settings for GEOCODE are no longer case sensitive for ON or on.
- Tweak: Improvements to permissions for server compatibility.
- Tweak: FeedSync now checks for output/images folder and creates if necessary when using ZIP_FORMAT for Console/REST REAXML formats.
- New: Image preview tab appears when using zip providers, good to check image import from the FeedSync Listing/Images tab.
- New: Added animation image and text during processing.
- New: Added ability to enable error_log FEEDSYNC_DEBUG.
- New: Additional settings added to config.php but defaults apply if you don\'t update your config.php file.
Version 2.0.2, May 22, 2015
- Tweak: We have configured the default output action to omit withdrawn and offmarket listings. If you want to output all status types you can use status=all to the output command.
- New: Added status=all command to output all available status types including withdrawn and offmarket listings.
Version 2.0.1, May 19, 2015
- New: Added pagination feature to limit the number of listings per page. Default set at 1000.
- If you are upgrading to this new version all you need to do is unzip the new download and just upload the /core directory to where you have installed FeedSync and replace all files.
Version 2.0, May 13, 2015
- New: Complete re-build of FeedSync to use a MySQL database.
- New: Saves the first date instance of a listing as a new field.
- New: Geocoding process for faster coordinate generation and saving the data as a new field.
Version 1.3, February 18, 2015
- New: Added ability to output single merged file. Tweak: Moved licence checker to Easy Property Listings.
Version 1.2, December 12, 2014
- Fix: Improved processing speed and can handle tens of thousands of records per hour.
Version 1.1.4, August 08, 2014
- Fix: Added option to enable or disable REAXML Zip format.
Version 1.1.3, July 27, 2014
- Fix: Version numbering corrected and old files removed.
Version 1.1.2, July 27, 2014
- Bug: Status for leased/sold was not updating correctly.
Version 1.1.1, June 27, 2014
- New: Added support for Rockend REST REAXML format.
- New: Ability to merge current listings when only a tag is changed to leased/sold. The REST REAXML format only sends a status change so we are now copying the last entry on the listing.
Version 1.1 June 1, 2014
- Zip Support to process REAXML files saved as .zip with included images.
Version 1.0.2, March 27, 2014
- Changed download update link.
Version 1.0.1, March 25, 2014
- Added ability to have custom input and output directories so you can use your own output dir for security.
- Added additional instructions to user settings.php file.
- Created template functions.
- Added ability for end user to change header name from settings.php file.
- Created index.php files if input/output/processed directory.
Version 1.0.0, March 22, 2014
- Complete re-write and folder re-structure based on users feedback where feed providers would purge feed directory. So now your input files are nested within the application preventing accidental deletion. New directory Structure.
Version 0.3.3, March 25, 2014
- Added Geocode options to user settings file.
- Added Template functions for easier usage.
- Added Licensing and Update Notification.
- Added page and ability to check for updates.
- Added template functions.
- Re-structured for larger real estate portal needs.
- Help file updated.
Version 0.3.2, March 24, 2014
- Created function to handle all XML elements.
- Added beta Software licensing.
- Re-named files.
- Added feedsync-templates.php functions.
Version 0.3.2, March 19, 2014
- Fixed bug with long file names not processing.
Version 0.3.1, Feb 20, 2014
- Created Help page.
- Removed old files.
- Added Readme File.
- Created Geocode test option.
Version 0.3, Feb 12, 2014
- Wrapped application in Bootstrap GUI.
Version 0.2.1, October 9, 2013
- Fixed a bug and added output page so the user can review the feedSync process. Reset Content on this version.
Version 0.2, September 27, 2013
- Renamed the source location from aggregated to wc-processor, renamed mydesktop imported.
- Made changes to all feedsync.php files. Added notes to feedSync.php Created History.txt
- Initial Release