Use FeedSync to merge multiple REAXML files into something you can use with your Real Estate website, property portal or custom application
FeedSync lets you quickly import REAXML files into your custom application or WordPress website project and display your clients real estate property listings quickly and easily.
This is the only REAXML Pre-Processor that you can install yourself and it will automatically add Geocode coordinates (Latitude/Long ) to your property, elements during processing.
Included in FeedSync are the WP All Import Scripts.
What you get with FeedSync REAXML pre-processor:
- Quick to install
- Low server usage
- Work with all REAXML elements
- Automatic Geocoding during import
- Merge XML files into specific use import output files
- Save merged properties into: Current, Sold/Leased, Withdrawn/Offmarket
- All contents of the REAXML elements copied
- Simple GUI to review FeedSync status
- Easy to update the software
- Software support
- Set and forget
Here’s what you get when you buy FeedSync:
- Automatic Geocoding during processing which means your maps will load faster for your visitors.
- Easy to follow quick start guide and videos which means you will be setup and testing your first install in a few minutes.
- All entries in the REAXML file are copied over which means you don’t have to worry if the provider adds another entry in the future.
- You get three separate output files which means you can import the large sold collection less regularly, let keep the current property updated more frequently thereby reducing server load.
- The algorithm is specifically designed to check and process the results which means you can omit the withdrawn listings and reduce your website load, this is especially important with websites featuring business for sale.
Supported REAXML Elements
How to install FeedSync on your server
WP All Import Users: Included with FeedSync are scripts that you can download and import into WP All Import saving you time to setup a WordPress website.
Guides on How to Process and Import Real Estate REAXML files into WordPress
- How to use FeedSync REAXML Pre Processor
- How to set up your REAXML listing provider
- How to Import REAXML files into Your WordPress Real Estate Website
- How to use the free Easy Property Listings plugin for WordPress
- FeedSync REAXML Processor updated to Version 1.1.3
If you need help installing FeedSync on your WordPress real estate website and would prefer to leave that to us we can take the installation for you.
- Installation of FeedSync, set-up of dedicated FTP account for REAXML provider (cPanel or similar details required), configuration of 6 import scripts.
- All you need to do is create an WordPress administrator account for us and provide FTP details, cPanel or similar details.
- Includes a license for one website.
- Configuration of server cron jobs.
- Support for 30 days.
10 questions about FeedSync:
- How does it work?
- How can I check if there is a problem?
- Does the software send email notifications?
- Do you provide software support?
- What if there are different named files in the input folder?
- Does this work with all feed providers?
- Can we disable the Geocode option?
- Is there a limit on file size?
- How do I import the files once they are processed?
- Does it handle all types of elements?
- If I have a problem where do I go for help?
- Do I need any special server settings to make this work?
- Do you have any other pricing options?
So here is how I would clear those up for you:
Q. How does it work?
A. FeedSync will review the unique property ID and search for this ID inside the output files. If one exists that entry is overwritten. If that ID status has changed from “current” to “sold”, or “leased” it is moved from the current.xml file and the new version is entered into the sold_leased.xml file. The withdrawn/off market status is moved to the withdrawn.xml file.
- FeedSync saves REAXML elements with: status=”current” into its own smaller file that can be imported more frequently.
- Property elements that have status=”sold” or status=”leased” will be saved into another file that you can import less frequently.
- Property elements with status=”withdrawn” or status=”offmarket” will be written into a third file that you can omit from import.
- Everything in the app has been written to minimise server usage.
We have recently added Geocoding that can be enabled that will automatically save the property coordinates based on the <address element input information and save them to the import files. This will allows faster website performance as the lat/long coordinates are already been determined.
Q. How can I check if there is a problem?
A. All you need to do is visit the folder where you installed FeedSync and it will list the files waiting to be imported. If there are files waiting, you can press the Process Feed button and watch the process take place. If there is an issue when the process is finished the import files will still appear on the FeedSync page. This is usually due to a server setting preventing file writes .
Q. Does the software send an email notifications?
A. The software does not send email notifications because you can quickly become spammed by the cron software sending you email especially if you set a quick schedule. All you need to do is visit the url to check the current file status. We’ve been running this script for over three years on several sites and it just works.
Q. Do you provide software support?
A. If you encounter any problem whatsoever using our software hop over to our support forums and we will help you out.
* The feedSync app processes files with any name that are in your source XML folder from your feed provider.
Q. What if there are different named files in the input folder?
A. All files are processed and moved from the input folder to the output folder, so you can accept feeds from different feed providers.
Q. Does this work with all feed providers?
A. It is working with agent box, and my desktop as this software was never intend to be sold, we had a problem and created a solution that just works. Its only that we thought we could help others and if you do come across an issue we can help fit it for your scenario.
Q. Can we disable the Geocode option?
A. Yes, inside the settings file you can quickly turn off Geocoding in the settings file, this is great for testing as Gecoding takes longer as the Google API is providing the latitude and longitude results for each address. In fact when turned off, the software processes very large property directories in under a minute.
Q. Is there a limit on file size?
A. Not that we are aware of, currently it has helped process several thousand records for a property portal. We save withdrawn and offmarket entries into a separate file which can omit from your import saving you space from storing properties that cannot be shown online.
Q. How do I import the files once they are processed?
A. This script is a stand alone pre processor that converts multiple files into single usable files that can be imported into your software. We have used our script with the popular WordPress WP-Property plug-in XML add on and the fantastic WP ALL Import and they need to have a single file to import from and that is why this software was developed, to turn hundreds of tiny XML files into single xml files. You can then import the processed xml files using your import software like WP All Import.
Q. Does it handle all types of elements?
A. All REAXML elements will work with this script so it will handle the following elements e.g.
Q. If I have a problem where do I go for help?
A. Hop over to our support desk at anytime by visiting realestateconnected.com.au/support/ to open a ticket but first read our documentation to find a potential solution that will work for you.
Q. Do I need any special server settings to make this work?
A. Yes, in order for the plug-in to work you will need to disable a security setting on your Litespeed, or Apache web server called ‘Script Restricted Directory Permission Mask’ this security setting prevents applications from saving files. Once disabled FeedSync will operate.
Do you have any other pricing options?
A. Our current pricing is based on a per site license so we can provide you support if you encounter any problems using our application on your licensed website.
I want you to be completely without risk, so here’s my guarantee.
Once you have installed FeedSync REAXML pre-processor on your server and you have any issue in the first 30 days, you can hop over to our support forums 24/7 and post your question or problem.
If you do have an issue with FeedSync please provide us your install location, your FTP user name and password so we can help fix the problem for you.
Here’s a list of people already using FeedSync and how its working for them…
Its working great for me. Darren
Thanks for developing such a great software. Z Deng
Everything’s coming together now with the REAXML import. Ben H
Awesome! FeedSync looks slick and easy to use. Great work Merv. Melanie
It works really well. Just ran a heap of files through and imported them easily. Anthony
FeedSync is subject to yearly license for support and updates. View license terms.
Will work with the Following Real Estate REAXML Portal providers
- Agentpoint (Zoo Property)
- Aro Software
- Boss Solutions
- Century 21
- Complete Data
- Core Web Systems
- EAC (Red Square)
- Graphique (GPS)
- iWon Data
- LJ Hooker
- Mantis Property
- Ondicom Technology (Agentware)
- Other – Manual Upload
- RealEstateIT (AgentBase)
- Rex Software
- Subtle Difference
- Virtual Creations
Version 2.01, May 19, 2015
New: Added pagination feature to limit the number of listings per page. Default set at 1000.
NOTE: If you are upgrading to this new version all you need to do is unzip the new download and just upload the /core directory to where you have installed FeedSync and replace all files.
Version 2.0, May 13, 2015
New: Complete re-build of FeedSync to use a MySQL database.
New: Saves the first date instance of a listing as a new field.
New: Geocoding process for faster coordinate generation and saving the data as a new field.
Version 1.3, February 18, 2015
New: Added ability to output single merged file. Tweak: Moved licence checker to Easy Property Listings.
Version 1.2, December 12, 2014
Fix: Improved processing speed and can handle tens of thousands of records per hour.
Version 1.1.4, August 08, 2014
Fix: Added option to enable or disable REAXML Zip format
Version 1.1.3, July 27, 2014
Fix: Version numbering corrected and old files removed
Version 1.1.2, July 27, 2014
Bug: Status for leased/sold was not updating correctly.
Version 1.1.1, June 27, 2014
New: Added support for Rockend REST REAXML format. New: Ability to merge current listings when only a tag is changed to leased/sold. The REST REAXML format only sends a status change so we are now copying the last entry on the listing
Version 1.1 June 1, 2014
Zip Support to process REAXML files saved as .zip with included images
Version 1.0.2, March 27, 2014
Changed download update link
Version 1.0.1, March 25, 2014
Added ability to have custom input and output directories so you can use your own output dir for security. Added additional instructions to user settings.php file. Created template functions. Added ability for end user to change header name from settings.php file. Created index.php files if input/output/processed directory
Version 1.0.0, March 22, 2014
Complete re-write and folder re-structure based on users feedback where feed providers would purge feed directory. So now your input files are nested within the application preventing accidental deletion. New directory Structure.
Version 0.3.3, March 25, 2014
Added Geocode options to user settings file. Added Template functions for easier usage. Added Licensing and Update Notification. Added page and ability to check for updates.. Added template functions. Re-structured for larger real estate portal needs.. Help file updated
Version 0.3.2, March 24, 2014
Created function to handle all XML elements. Added beta Software licensing. Re-named files.. Added feedsync-templates.php functions
Version 0.3.2, March 19, 2014
Fixed bug with long file names not processing
Version 0.3.1, Feb 20, 2014
Created Help page. Removed old files. Added Readme File. Created Geocode test option.
Version 0.3, Feb 12, 2014
Wrapped application in Bootstrap GUI.
Version 0.2.1, October 9, 2013
Fixed a bug and added output page so the user can review the feedSync process. Reset Content on this version.
Version 0.2, September 27, 2013
Renamed the source location from aggregated to &amp;amp;gt; wc-processor, renamed mydesktop &amp;amp;gt; imported. Made changes to all feedsync.php files. Added notes to feedSync.php Created History.txt